- A man, who lost his consciousness was saved by his own Dachshund
- Ben-Gurion Airport: dogs and cats will be checked with the help of an X-ray
- A cat spent twelve days on the 20-meters high palm tree
- The British company hired a lap-dog as a model
- The world's first ice-cream car for dogs
- Woodrow candidate for the Governor of Texas
- Drinking water for pets will soon appear in the British supermarkets
- In Israel the police Labrador named Boydzher was killed, while performing his duty
- Chinese dog had studied the human gait
- 400 000 dollars for a dog's house
- Australian Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Cornish Rex general features, temperament, health
- Yorkshire Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Deerhound - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Azawakh - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
|A puppy was consecrated in the English Church|
In the church of the English county Cumbria was consecrated and blessed a Shih Tzu puppy.
The initiative to hold such a spiritual event belonged to a breeder of this doggie - R. Smith. 49-year-old British gentleman said that holding such a ceremony had cost him a thousand English pounds (which is about 1,200 euros). This ceremony has been arranged to show the power of Smith's love to his pet.
For the ceremony, a puppy named Sheridan was given a silk robe, the very church was decorated with flowers and the photographer was invited. R. Smith also spent some money on the car: for the event there was ordered a cream-colored Jaguar.
The Shih Tzu breeder invited some guests. Several of his friends became the godparents of Sheridan. The ceremony was held by a parish priest, who loves "our younger brothers" - animals.
At the end of the ceremony, Sheridan, his owner, the guests and the priest celebrated these joyous event at the hotel where everyone was given a ceremonial reception. Guests were enjoying the champagne, dogs - Sheridan and Smarty - another Shih Tzu of R. Smith, were eating fruits and soup. This kind of ceremonies for pets are quite common in England. However, they generally are more modest.