- A man, who lost his consciousness was saved by his own Dachshund
- Ben-Gurion Airport: dogs and cats will be checked with the help of an X-ray
- A cat spent twelve days on the 20-meters high palm tree
- The British company hired a lap-dog as a model
- The world's first ice-cream car for dogs
- Woodrow candidate for the Governor of Texas
- Drinking water for pets will soon appear in the British supermarkets
- In Israel the police Labrador named Boydzher was killed, while performing his duty
- Chinese dog had studied the human gait
- 400 000 dollars for a dog's house
- Australian Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Cornish Rex general features, temperament, health
- Yorkshire Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Deerhound - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Azawakh - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
|Financial crisis effected animals|
Charities of the Great Britain, that are rescuing animals were informing about many dogs and cats, which were just dumped in the streets.
As they say, it is a side effect of the financial crisis. Previously, many shelters have been overloaded with the work after the celebration of Christmas. During this period the "animals-gifts" were domped by hundreds inthe streets, because their new owners did not want them anymore. Last year, due to the unstable economic situation in the country, animals start to come to the shelters even before Christmas. Already in December hundreds of cats and dogs are kicked out of their homes.
A charity called «Battersea Dogs & Cats Home», which is located on the south-west London, only in the last year had rescued 6430 stray dogs and cats. For comparison, during the same period two year ago this number was 5335.
According to Intune, the company that is engaged in pet insurance, for a dog lover the maintenance of his pet during his life will cost 13 000 pounds, which is 24% more than the data for 2000.