- A man, who lost his consciousness was saved by his own Dachshund
- Ben-Gurion Airport: dogs and cats will be checked with the help of an X-ray
- A cat spent twelve days on the 20-meters high palm tree
- The British company hired a lap-dog as a model
- The world's first ice-cream car for dogs
- Woodrow candidate for the Governor of Texas
- Drinking water for pets will soon appear in the British supermarkets
- In Israel the police Labrador named Boydzher was killed, while performing his duty
- Chinese dog had studied the human gait
- 400 000 dollars for a dog's house
- Bullmastiff - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Australian Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Cornish Rex general features, temperament, health
- Yorkshire Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Deerhound - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
|Every second pet in Europe and the U.S. is suffering from overweight|
Mikesh, a male cat, weighing eighteen kilograms, was taken to a veterinary hospital. At this point, he weighed three times more than he supposed to, and he could hardly move.
Veterinarians believe that this is certainly a record, but also they have seen many similar cases. An experienced doctor Wolf-Dieter Schmidt said that 40% of the animals that arrived to the hospital are overweight. Researchers from the British Hill's Pet Nutrition, which are developing an animal food, have the same opinion.
However, they blame the owners who do not see any limits in feeding their pets. They found out that most of the animals, who suffer from the overweight belong to the people who suffer from obesity. From this kind of feeding animals have problems with the internal organs, joints and cardiovascular system. Among these pets quickly appear diabetics.
Some owners even give their animals chocolate to eat and they believe it is quite normal. But they forget that chocolate is often poisoning their pets.