- A man, who lost his consciousness was saved by his own Dachshund
- Ben-Gurion Airport: dogs and cats will be checked with the help of an X-ray
- A cat spent twelve days on the 20-meters high palm tree
- The British company hired a lap-dog as a model
- The world's first ice-cream car for dogs
- Woodrow candidate for the Governor of Texas
- Drinking water for pets will soon appear in the British supermarkets
- In Israel the police Labrador named Boydzher was killed, while performing his duty
- Chinese dog had studied the human gait
- 400 000 dollars for a dog's house
- Australian Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Cornish Rex general features, temperament, health
- Yorkshire Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Deerhound - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Azawakh - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
|What cats feel when they are offended?|
Have you ever thought, what does your cat feel, when she is offended? Before answering this question we need to learn only one rule: never, ever, even accidentally, or from "an excess of emotions" do not hurt an animal!
Perhaps the offended cat is not so dangerous, but, believe me, hurting a cat will not bring you anything good!
What cats feel when they are hurt?
Cats are very vulnerable and in the same time very revengeful animals. The slightest inattention, indifference, or any of your action, which they take as an insult, can severely afflict them, but the cat will not show it at once. Most likely, in the morning you will just find "a pool" in your shoes, wrecked room or some of your favorite house plants destroyed. And you should not think that a cat will be satisfied by this revenge - she will continue to be disappointed and frustrated, and with the cautious will wait for your punishment and anger.
Do you want to punish her? This can be done, but only very gently, otherwise you risk to cause the animal a severe psychological trauma. By her intrigues your cat is only showing you, that she feels insulted, she is only trying to explain to you, that she needs your respect and love. And once you show them - your cat will gladly answer you with the same attitude. And another point: do not think that the cat will feel guilty if you punished her hardly. According to some scientists, cats do not feel guilty at all! So do not try to call this feeling by some artificial means.
What can hurt your cat?
Many cats can be hurt by the following of your actions:
- indifference and silence (cat will feel that you do not love her and do not need her, and because of this she will often make unforgivable mistakes, attracting your attention);
- loud shouts and fights (the cat will get scared and she will try to hide in the farthest corners, and in particularly difficult cases, the animal then will need a long treatment from fear and depression);
- punches and kicks (cat will be eternally offended and it will be very difficult to win her forgiveness);
- pushing your cat to do something, that she do not want to (in this case the cat is getting angry and in response for such actions she may suddenly scratch your face and hands).
In addition, many cats take it as a terrible insult when someone is pulling them by the scruff of the neck! Of course, they have to get used to it since childhood, but an adult cats often take this actions as humiliating, and after that they simply do not want to take you seriously. So, if you do not want to offend your cat, try to avoid such actions, even in the critical situations!
The only person from whom the cat could take this kind of behaviors is the child. But ... only the child which is loved by this particular cat! The cat will not hurt her beloved child in response (although you should not eliminate a corruption of a couple of his favorite toys), but towards the strange kids, who have a negative attitudes for the cat, she may easily show aggression! Therefore, from the early childhood kids must be taught not to hurt animals, because it is not only a very serious offense, it is also a big risk - an angry cat can easily seize the child's face and scratch his eyes.
Do not leave your cat alone!
Very insulting for the animal will be the situation of your departure, if you will decide to leave the cat alone in a closed house for a long time. And even if you leave for her enough food and water and ensure the regular cleaning (ask your friends to do it, for example), do not be surprised if by the time when you return, you will find your home destroyed! Cat will be upset because of your absence, she will feel lonely and scared (she will seriously believe, that you left her forever, so she may start destroying things in the house to give somehow a vent for her negative feelings). But do not think that she does it with some evil intentions. It is just very difficult for your cat to stay at home completely alone for a long time, her feelings are similar to the feelings of a little child, that was suddenly left unattended.
It is this exactly fear, that is pushing your cat for some sudden and unpleasant cat tricks: "puddles" in the shoes or suitcase when you're preparing to go away, or the destroyed couch, that had been attacked in your absence. You would think that your cat was nasty, but in fact she just... missed you! And from this melancholy, she found a place that has a strong smell of the owner to leave her mark there!
Another taboo in dealing with the cat is beating. This action may hurt the cat very much, and even if you think that an animal deserves a slap, in fact your cat will feel very bad! Remember - your cat is not linking strikes with her bad behavior, but only with you personally. If she will receive from you a rude treatment, she will feel a serious offense and will not have any willing to deal with you in future. The cat will remember that you can hurt her, so she will be afraid of you and she will never trust you again.
Yelling from the point of view of your cat is similar to beating. She will take it only as an encroachment on her territory or on her right to be the mistress of the house, and in you she will see an enemy, which causes her fear or aggression. If you want your cat to loose some bad habits, do not yell at her! Better start acting gently and gradually, without causing the animal abuse and insults. So the success of your "educating" will be more obvious!
A little mystery
At all times there were always people who tried to hurt cats. This could happen out of boredom, or the inherent cruelty, and even from the fact that in some societies, beating and killing cats has been "traditionally accepted". These actions of people were always causing enormous suffering in animals, but ... never the unjust of cats went unpunished. Always something very bad was happening with those, who offended cats, and eventually there appeared various superstitions associated with cats: those who offend them, were subjected to the most terrible suffering and horrible consequences.
Of course, you may not believe it and dismiss easily all signs and warnings. But do not forget that the offended cat - just like us - humans - can feel pain, fear, loneliness, stress, depression and grief. And all this - are a very strong feelings that will never go unnoticed. Even if the animal dies of grief, it's pain will not go away. This feeling will stay in a strong enough negative energy, and it is not yet known exactly how this energy will affect the one, who offended a innocent cat and what it may bring in the future!