- A man, who lost his consciousness was saved by his own Dachshund
- Ben-Gurion Airport: dogs and cats will be checked with the help of an X-ray
- A cat spent twelve days on the 20-meters high palm tree
- The British company hired a lap-dog as a model
- The world's first ice-cream car for dogs
- Woodrow candidate for the Governor of Texas
- Drinking water for pets will soon appear in the British supermarkets
- In Israel the police Labrador named Boydzher was killed, while performing his duty
- Chinese dog had studied the human gait
- 400 000 dollars for a dog's house
- Australian Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Cornish Rex general features, temperament, health
- Yorkshire Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Deerhound - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Azawakh - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
|Why do cats disappear (part 2)|
What we must do not to loose our cats? Anyone who knows why cats are getting lost, will also understand that it is simply impossible to eliminate all chances of losing a pet.
However, it is quite possible to minimize the risks of loosing a domestic cat, and it is better to act immediately, so you will not have to ask yourself how to find a lost animal.
The first step - you must determine the mode of life, that your cat has in your house. The less time your cat will spend without your supervision - the smaller is a chance, that she will get lost. Some owners prefer not to let their cats out of the house at all, and, of course, it is the most effective way to make sure that you have not lost a cat. But this is not for everyone, because not everyone is able to lock his pet in the room, especially when it comes to a private house. So, if you are letting your cat out from time to time, try to always follow her. It would not be bad if you could provide your cat with the micro-chip - this simple thing will increase your chances to get your cat back in case she is lost.
Prevention of escape
The main reason for any cat to get lost - natural: the animal can escape during the "marriage time". There are lots of tips, what to do if you lost a cat in this situation, but it's better not to know them, but just in advance to prevent such a possibility. There are several options for this. First, you can sterilize a cat (or neuter). Beside for the reasons of safety, it is also good for the animal (in case you are not going to breed your cat), because it will not suffer from neuroses, which are caused by long-term abstinence, and will not be torn out.
The second option: if you do not want to sterilize your cat and do not want to keep her locked in the house all the time, do not leave her unattended. If you do not wish to loose your cat, walk her in some places where there are no other cats. Otherwise, you are putting yourself at risk: first of all your cat may try to escape, second - her presence may cause fights between the other cats.
Besides all that was already mentioned above, you have to provide a safe environment for your cat in the house. First, never scare your cat for any reason. Because of the stress she can slip out into the street, and you will not even notice. Second, before you bring a kitten into the house, do not be lazy and install tight and sturdy nets at all your windows, and do not leave those windows open unnecessarily.
Also you have to make sure, that the front door is always closed and give enough warning to all members of your family - it is good if they can help you to watch your cat for her not to run out into the hallway or corridor. This is especially important, if there is no light at the hallway - many owners of cats repeatedly complained that they had lost a black cat, who slipped into a dark corridor, and they did not notice anything.
Remember that cats are very curious and they sit beside you while you're standing in the doorway and talking with your guests. So it would be better if you did not develop this habit in your pet, and always checked back once again, for your cat not to run accidentally to the street while you are busy with something else.