- A man, who lost his consciousness was saved by his own Dachshund
- Ben-Gurion Airport: dogs and cats will be checked with the help of an X-ray
- A cat spent twelve days on the 20-meters high palm tree
- The British company hired a lap-dog as a model
- The world's first ice-cream car for dogs
- Woodrow candidate for the Governor of Texas
- Drinking water for pets will soon appear in the British supermarkets
- In Israel the police Labrador named Boydzher was killed, while performing his duty
- Chinese dog had studied the human gait
- 400 000 dollars for a dog's house
- Bullmastiff - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Australian Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Cornish Rex general features, temperament, health
- Yorkshire Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Deerhound - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
|Why do cats disappear (part3)|
How to find a lost cat? Your cat got lost: do not panic! There are lots of different advice, on what to do if you lost a cat, but one of them will always be working: do not panic and do not be too slow!
The faster you will search, the better it is for you and for your cat. At the first stage of your search look carefully in the entrance and hallways. It is advisable to do it with a powerful flashlight - if you have lost a black cat, she may sit in a dark corner of the stairwell, and you simply will not notice her.
The second step - look under the windows, in the basement and at the attic. Also be sure to check in the neighboring houses and porches: if you have lost a cat that had always been sitting at home, she might get confused and go to the wrong stairs, not knowing where and how to find your home. For these searches, take your pet's favorite toy or treat, those may help you to attract your cat. And do not be discouraged if the first trip did not give results: the animal may be sitting in any place, and as the reasons for cats to run away are very different, she may simply be afraid to respond to your calls.
Step two: expanding the search
If the animal is not found quickly, it would be appropriate to extend the range of your search. Walk around the streets, asking passers-by, especially children who play in the yard - some of them could see where did your cat run.
In the same time try to print as much as possible adds with the photograph of your missing cat and with the clear description. Make sure to put those adds everywhere around the neighborhood. Priority in this case should be given to the kindergartens, schools, sports clubs, shops and doorways - all those places are always attracting a lot of people. Make this add bright and clear, easy to read. Try to remember if your cat has any special markings, collar or anything else, that could help people to identify her.
Also, be sure to call a special service, which deals with the search for missing pets. It would be better if you know the phone of such a service in advance, because they will be able to help you immediately and also give recommendations how to find a lost cat faster.
Step Three: engage the public
If you still did not find your cat after all those efforts, that were already mentioned above, try to attract the mass media. It is not very necessary to give adds in the newspaper or on television, though it is also a very effective way. As a start, you can try to publish the information about your missing cat on the Internet. For example, the blog owners most likely will gladly respond to your request and they will place an ad that may help you very quickly.
Also refer to the web sites and forums of your city, which will also place your ad very fsat (and in most cases for free), and remember that sometimes animals are not found quickly in the first hours after they were lost. Sometimes it may take several days before the frightened cat will decide to leave her hiding place, or someone will find her there. And your task in this case is to inform the largest possible number of people about your loss, so your efforts will not be in vain, and your favorite cat will come back quickly.