- A man, who lost his consciousness was saved by his own Dachshund
- Ben-Gurion Airport: dogs and cats will be checked with the help of an X-ray
- A cat spent twelve days on the 20-meters high palm tree
- The British company hired a lap-dog as a model
- The world's first ice-cream car for dogs
- Woodrow candidate for the Governor of Texas
- Drinking water for pets will soon appear in the British supermarkets
- In Israel the police Labrador named Boydzher was killed, while performing his duty
- Chinese dog had studied the human gait
- 400 000 dollars for a dog's house
- Bullmastiff - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Australian Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Cornish Rex general features, temperament, health
- Yorkshire Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Deerhound - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
|West Highland White Terrier dog general features, temperament, health|
Breed: West Highland White Terrier is a charming little dog, which, thanks to his funny looks, cheerful nature and a convenient size, is today one of the world's most popular breeds.
The looks of West Highland White Terrier are extremely attractive: a compact, short body, covered with white hair, raised over the back fat pointy tail, big round "pompom" fluffy head, from which protrudes a pair of sharp ears and shiny black eyes. Add to this a foxy expression inherent in this dog - and you will understand that no other breed has such an expressive appearance.
British believe that these dogs are the embodiment of terriers - in a small Westie's body lies a huge percentage of Scottish tenacity, determination and devotion.
West Highland White Terrier comes from the hilly terrain in the west of Scotland and is a close relative of the Cairn and Scottish Terriers. King of England, James 1, was interested in acquiring a good hunting dogs and he bought in these places several white terriers and even ordered to send a half-dozen as a gift to the French king.
General Features: West Highland White Terrier is medium size dog, very well built and strong. His legs are relatively short, but strong. Muscles - well developed. Coat is white and wiry with the softer undercoat. Ears and tale erect. Eyes and nose must be black.
Temperament: Westie is an opinionated cheeky dog, hardy and strong. This is a true terrier, who loves to hunt. West Highland White Terrier loves to dig holes, bringing the owner a lot of worries. Westie can be noisy and unruly, barking incessantly for no reason.
Health problems: In general West Highland White Terrier is a very healthy breed. Some Westies are prone to liver diseases and some skin problems (like allergies). Also craniomandibular osteopathy might be an issue.