- A man, who lost his consciousness was saved by his own Dachshund
- Ben-Gurion Airport: dogs and cats will be checked with the help of an X-ray
- A cat spent twelve days on the 20-meters high palm tree
- The British company hired a lap-dog as a model
- The world's first ice-cream car for dogs
- Woodrow candidate for the Governor of Texas
- Drinking water for pets will soon appear in the British supermarkets
- In Israel the police Labrador named Boydzher was killed, while performing his duty
- Chinese dog had studied the human gait
- 400 000 dollars for a dog's house
- Bullmastiff - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Australian Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Cornish Rex general features, temperament, health
- Yorkshire Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Deerhound - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
|Teach Your Dog "Shake-A-Paw" Trick|
This trick is a very funny and - most important - easy something, you can teach your dog. The target here is to make your dog to "shake-a-paw" on your command. It is really very cool trick, that will make you and your friends to laugh, also, while you will have your dog doing this trick properly, you will be able to move to some more complicated tricks with the paw.What do you need for this trick? First of all, your dog must be "clicker trained".
Then, of course, you are going to need a clicker and loads of tasty treats.Teaching your dog "Shake-A-Paw" trick is quite simple and does not need any complications. Normally it takes just a couple of days for the dog to study this nice trick, but even if it will take a little longer with yours - no matter, finally you will get your dog to do it on your request.So, let's get started!First of all you have to get your dog sitting in front of you. Then you just take your dog's paw by yourself, hold it in your hand for couple of seconds. Then immediately click the clicker and prise your dog with the tasty treat. This you will have to repeat several times, then give your dog a little break, then - another session. The final target of this first step - is to show your dog, which exactly behavior you expect. Also it will help your dog to get used to pick up his paw and put it in your hand.
Next step - you are not taking your dog's paw, but now you have to try to make him to move it himself (you may push his paw a little bit for example). It is important that you will prise your dog with the clicker even if his paw just slightly moved. Keep going with this step until your dog will give you his paw every time you place your hand in front of him.
As long as your are sure that your dog studied the first two steps, you can already add a cue word for this trick ("Shake hand" for example, or any other word, you like, but do not change it, keep the cue word always the same). Since now you should reduce the amount of clicking and giving the treats - let's say, you will click the clicker every second time your dog is doing the correct thing. But do not forget - every time you click the clicker - give the treat, because this is the promise you gave your dog, do not break it. Any time you are clicking the clicker, your dog must be prised with the tasty treat.So, repeat the trick with the clicker for some more time, and then you may gradually reduce it, and then - cancel at all.