- A man, who lost his consciousness was saved by his own Dachshund
- Ben-Gurion Airport: dogs and cats will be checked with the help of an X-ray
- A cat spent twelve days on the 20-meters high palm tree
- The British company hired a lap-dog as a model
- The world's first ice-cream car for dogs
- Woodrow candidate for the Governor of Texas
- Drinking water for pets will soon appear in the British supermarkets
- In Israel the police Labrador named Boydzher was killed, while performing his duty
- Chinese dog had studied the human gait
- 400 000 dollars for a dog's house
- Bullmastiff - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Australian Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Cornish Rex general features, temperament, health
- Yorkshire Terrier - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
- Deerhound - General Features, Temperament, Health problems
|Sports You Can Play With Your Dog|
Beautiful, healthy, athletic ... That's what the dogs are! Sports are useful for people, but if you engage in active sports together with your beloved dog, then it is twice more useful. So, what kind of sports you can do with your dog?
The rules in this sport are extremely simple. It reminds you of a regular jogging with the dog somewhere in the park in your free time. In Cani cross there is determined a specific distance, which a dog and a man must overcome together- in a pair - or rather, in a friendly team. Moreover, they are running on an equal footing: the handler should not pull his dog, the dog should not drag the handler away - the judges are following athletes along the line.In Cani cross the man is connected with the dog by one elastic cord, which is attached to his belt.
Agility in fact is also a race. This racing is so interesting and so much fun! The Agility competitions are so spectacular that very quickly they were able to conquer virtually the whole Europe, South America, the United States and Canada. For dog lovers it is an excellent opportunity to actively spend time, which is useful for themselves and for their dogs, and also - a hobby, allowing to learn how to train their dogs.In Agility the dog has to overcome a certain obstacle course. The owner of the dog is not allowed to give his pet any treats or even to touch him, at the same time the owner has to guide the process by giving some commands or signs to his dog. Agility is a perfect way to define the abilities of the dog, because the aim of the game is to teach the animal how to pass a difficult race. Agility also helps very well to teach the dog to live in a society, educates and, of course, favorably affects the physical health of the animal.
Sled dog racing.
Only at the beginning of the last century sled dog race was recognized as a sports discipline. Although this method of transportation - with the help of dogs, harnessed to a sled - is quite old (the most ancient sledges found in Eastern Siberia were made about four thousand years ago).
This is a sport for the winter season. The dog and the athlete must overcome the required distance, and they are held together by a special tow rope.
An exciting mobile game where the owner of the dog throws the disk, and the dog needs to catch it and return back to the owner. The distance of the throw is usually up to 50 meters. In this game energetic dogs who like to have fun, sometimes may perform absolutely amazing acrobatic tricks!
Here the dog has to pull a sled with some weight for a short distance. There are different weight categories, but, of course, this kind of sports is only for a big dogs, which are able to pull a great weight. Usually sled dogs succeed very well in the Weight Pulling. Pit Bull Terriers, Bull Terriers and Rottweilers are showing a very good results as well.
This is the most beautiful of all dog sports, besides, virtually all breeds of dogs are allowed to participate. And over time the Musical Freestyle became increasingly popular.